Making friends

heii,
now I'm here for one month already. So I decided that I want to write something in English.
My English is still not perfect but it's getting better every day.
School already started, so I am was making some friends, but after a while I realized that
friends here not the same as in Germany. As an exchange student, you receive a warm welcome. They are very interested in you and your culture. You get many questions about your home and your friends far way, sometimes too many at the same time.
I saw that Americans are fascinated by our foreign accent. It was easy to meet other people and to talk to them, but not really easy to become friends with them.
I met so many different people.
After a while, I realized that not everyone was as friendly and kind as in the beginning.
I wondered about those people.
Most of my friends I met at church. There I am in a youth group and we worship.
They are all so nice and kind. I'm glad that I met them.
Also I met some other exchange students from France, Brazil and Denmark.
With one of them, I went to a high school basketball game. It was such an american high school spirit experience.
And I also found friends, who live in my community. I'm so happy to be here with all those amazing people.





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Weihnachten auf der anderen Seite der Welt.

School shooting

Gefühls-Chaos